2. Garden Squared: The hardest thing for me growing up was learning plant spacing. No matter how many times my grandfather showed me I would always forget the plant spacing for something. That’s exactly why I love this app. It allows you to input the item you would like to plant and using that information it will then show you what the correct spacing is. This is great for teaching kids and it’s also great to use as a constant reminder.
3. Plant Pal: This is a great app if you tend to forget when to water your plants like I do. With this gardening app you are able to set up a schedule for all of your plants and keep track of them in one simple motion. You can determine how much water a plant needs and when you last watered it. This helps to make sure you never forget to water your plants.
4. Gardeners Calendar: This app is beyond great. It contains a ton of information and tips about gardening as well as advice on any part of gardening that you can think of. The best thing about this particular app however, is that it gives you data on soil that allows you to pick the best types of plants for your particular soil type.
5. Vegetable Gardening 101: This app is a must for anyone who wants to start gardening for the first time. Even if it isn’t your first time gardening, you will still love this app. It provides you with a wealth of information about the ins and outs of gardening. It also teaches you how to move away from store bought good to organic and how doing so can save you a ton of money.
6. Garden Tender: This is a lesser known gardening app, but for someone who likes to keep track of all expenses like myself it can really come in handy. This app allows you to see just how much you spend on each gardening item as well as the time you spent. This allows you to then compare prices from other sources and get the best price you can possibly get for next time. Additionally it tell you the exact size of garden you will need for the amount of yield you would like to achieve, doing all the hard math for you.
Need more gardening apps? We have plenty of articles about gardening apps try the search bar above or chek this article called 10 Handy Gardening Apps We Really Dig!
7. Garden Design Ideas: This one has mixed reviews, but I personally like it. It does exactly as the name suggest and there are hundreds of great pictures and ideas for you to choose from. It’s not always easy to come up with a good garden plan, but this app makes it easy and fun at the same time. No matter what design you are looking for this app has it right at your fingertips.
8. My Garden: My garden is your own personal plant database in an app. It will tell you everything you need to know about any plant you want to grow from its’ recommended soil type to specific care instructions. You can search through a drop-down list or just type a specific plant type in and it will bring up the information instantly.
9. HortChat Gardening Secret Tips: If you’re looking for an app that allows you to connect and chat with your fellow gardeners then look no further. This app will provide you with a constant stream of updated tips and information from experts and fellow gardeners as well as the ability to start your own topic discussions. I like this app because it allows me to get the answers I need about gardening quickly and effectively with little hassle.
10. Gardener’s Lunar Calendar: If you’re interested in planting the way those in times past did I highly suggest this app. It works by calculating the phases of the moon and studies in the past have shown that in this way farmers were able to improve their overall yield. For me it wasn’t so much the potential increase in yield, but the fact that I could have a way of connecting with gardeners of the past.